Sometimes hair can be a pain to take care of. You wake up with dry, frizzy, and unruly hair that just doesn’t want to listen to you, no matter how much you try to tame and define it. Thankfully, there are many easy hair hacks that any girl can use to get marvelous hair in just a few minutes. The internet is full of them, but there are weird ones too, like using a banana as a curler. In this article though, we will show you 6 cool hair hacks that aren’t gimmicks and they actually work!
1. Tame your frizz with hand lotion– Frizz happens to everyone, but thankfully, it can be tamed. There are times though when you are out and about and suddenly find your hair all poofed up and frizzy. You might not be carrying an anti-frizz spray or lotion to control the situation. In emergency times like these, just grab your hand lotion and squirt a dime-size amount onto your palms, then rub it at the ends and area affected by frizz. This will smooth out the frayed ends and will get your hair looking shiny again. Only do this sparingly though, because the chemicals in your hand lotion may not be good for your hair when used frequently.
2. Dryer sheets to get rid of static hair– Static hair can be a problem, especially in the colder months. Static happens when two different objects rub against each other, triggering a transfer of electrons. Like when you wear a hat, the material of the hat will rub against your hair, causing static. Your hair strands will be inundated with so many electrons that they will repel one another. The easiest way to get rid of it is by taking a dryer sheet and rubbing it down your hair strands to soothe out any static. The great thing is that it will also leave your hair looking shiny and smelling great!
3. Use baking soda to fight dandruff– Dandruff is an embarrassing nuisance for many girls. It keeps women from wearing black because they are afraid of the white flakes falling on their shirt, causing everyone to see. There are anti-dandruff shampoos available, but they don’t always work. If you are looking for a home remedy, you will find one right in your kitchen pantry. Take two tablespoons of baking soda and mix it with water until it forms a paste. Rub it onto your scalp. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse it out. It will leave your scalp dandruff free.
4. Soften your locks with eggs- Applying eggs to your hair can trigger hair growth. Why? Because just like hair that’s made of 70% keratin protein, eggs have a lot of protein in them too. This protein helps rebuild damaged hair strands by filling up the weak spots. To make this mask, crack an egg into a bowl and add 1tbsp of olive oil to it and then mix it thoroughly with a fork. Wash your hair with shampoo to get rid of the excess buildup and dry it with a towel. Then proceed to apply the mixture to every strand of your hair, especially the area with split ends. Then throw a shower cap on and allow it to sit for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes are up, wash your hair out with conditioner and style normally for healthy, shiny, and tangle-free hair.
5. No dry shampoo? Use cornstarch- Washing your hair frequently isn’t just a time-consuming chore, it isn’t healthy for your hair either. You will find many dry shampoos in the store, but they can be expensive. Need a substitute? Use corn starch. If you have lighter colored hair, take a little cornstarch and apply it to your scalp and brush it out. For darker colored hair, mix the corn starch with either cocoa powder or arrowroot powder, then apply it to your hair. This will make sure that you aren’t left with any white residue on your scalp. Your hair will smell like rich, creamy chocolate! Who needs perfume?
6. Tease with a toothbrush- If you want a little volume at the base of your hair, teasing is the foolproof way to get it. But if you don’t have those fancy combs specifically made to tease, just use a toothbrush to backcomb some volume at the root of your hair. Take a toothbrush and tease the area closer to your scalp by brushing the strand up and down, then smooth out the hair on top and style it however you want. It will add a little lift to your hair. To secure it, even more, lock it in with some hairspray.
There you have it. With these 6 hacks, you will always have great looking hair any day of the week. They are easy to use and amazingly effective, and they universally work on all hair types.