Black Friday is arguably the busiest shopping day of the year. The National Retail Federation reported that retail sales during November – December 2020 grew by 8.3%, despite the Pandemic. What does this statistic tell you? Black Friday is a big deal for most online shoppers. So, you need to learn some of the Black Friday ad campaign tips to help you boost your sales.
You can only get the best from the black Friday season if you use the right promotional strategy.
So, here are some black Friday marketing strategies to boost your sales;
#1. Be Clear About Your Offer
One of the most effective black Friday ad campaign tips is to be clear about your offers. There’s no way your potential customers will buy from you if they don’t know what you are selling.
So, your first task before launching your black Friday ad campaign is to make whatever you are offering clear.
It doesn’t end there. You also need to make your campaign copy easy to read and attention-grabbing.
Here are a few tips to make your black Friday ad campaign offers irresistible;
- Include the phrase Black Friday in a large and attention-grabbing font.
- The ad should be clear, attractive, and easy to understand.
- You can use a blend of striking visuals, animations, and popping elements to make it more appealing.
#2. Run Your Campaign on the Right Platform
Running your campaign on the right platform is one of the best black Friday ad campaign tips. And most marketers often get it wrong in this area.
You don’t just launch campaigns on random platforms. You have to do thorough research to know where to find your potential customers.
Once you are through with your findings, you can adapt your campaign content to fit into whatever platform you decide to use.
But generally, here are things to consider when choosing a platform to run your black Friday ad campaign;
- If you run a fashion or food brand, you may want your black Friday ad campaign to be more visually engaging. If that is the case, Instagram is the perfect platform for it.
- Again, your campaign message should be text-based if you run a magazine, SEO services, and other text-focused businesses. And the best platforms for running such campaigns are Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Similarly, if you want your ad campaign to blend text and images, Facebook is the platform to use.
In a nutshell, you need to consider your advertising budget, the nature of your business, and the type of campaign you want to run before choosing the platform to launch your black Friday ad campaign.
However, if you have a limited budget, you need to compare the different social media platforms in terms of price and expected results.
Although results from social media campaigns may not be replicable, they will only give you an idea of the platform that will work best for you.
#3. Launch Your Black Friday Campaign Early
In my opinion, launching your campaign ahead is one of the most efficient black Friday ad campaign tips. The earlier you launch your Black Friday campaign, the more exposure and patronage your brand will get.
Interestingly, you spend less when you launch your ad campaign early.
Here’s how you can start your Black Friday campaign early;
- Plan your campaign ahead of time. Write down what you want the campaign to contain and the platforms to use.
- Build excitement and interest with words like “soon”, “upcoming”, etc. But you need to do audience research before building excitement. It will be easier if you have done A/B testing with some of your regular customers in the past.
- Start several days before your competitors start launching their campaigns. You tend to get your audience’s attention when you start early.
While some brands want to start promoting their black Friday offers a week ahead, you can start yours the first week of November; there is a lower competition during this time.
#4. Understand Your Audience
One of the reasons most black Friday campaigns perform below expectations is the lack of audience knowledge.
Regardless of your advertising budget, if you don’t understand your audience, you can’t get the expected result. That is why understanding your audience is one of the most important Black Friday ad campaign tips.
So, ensure you carry out audience analysis before you launch your campaign. The analysis will help you segment your market and target the perfect demography relevant to your business model.
For instance, it’s useless to show a motorbike ad to someone who only drives a car.
Here are a few tips to help you understand your audience better;
- Be specific about your target audience. Understand what they like, dislike, and things that grab their attention.
- Create a persona for your audience.
- Use surveys and feedback forms to get direct feedback from your customers.
#5. Target Your Campaign
Targeting is one of the black Friday ad campaign tips you can use to boost your sales. Once you understand your audience, it’s easy to target your Black Friday ads to them.
You can easily target your audience on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. For instance, Facebook has different targeting and retargeting options to help you narrow down your audience.
You can target your audience based on their age, gender, relationship status, education level, etc.
Try to use your buyer persona as a guide when targeting your campaign. It will help you create a more specific ad that resonates well with your target audience.
If you are too busy to launch your Black Friday campaign, the Tycoono Advertising team can help you handle your Black Friday campaigns.
We will help you attract more leads and give your brand maximum exposure. If you have any questions regarding our advertising services, don’t hesitate to contact us.