Any new business is familiar with the struggle of not having enough funds for marketing. Marketing is a vitally important part of getting new business. Traditional marketing methods, like buying an ad slot for TV or Radio, or even mailing out direct mail postcards to potential customers, can prove to be very expensive. Plus, it is hard to measure their success rate since there aren’t many automated marketing tools that can be used on offline marketing techniques.
Thankfully, in this digitally fueled age, there are many things you can do to promote your business on a shoestring budget. Let’s look at 5 of them.
5 Ways to Get More Customers for Under $100
1. Start a website- Your business needs an online face. Out of the 5 tips mentioned to market your business, this one is the most important and “expensive”. But think of it as an investment rather than an expense, because if you don’t have a business that shows what your services are, how will your customers find you? This is especially true if you serve local clients. Over 70% of smartphone users use their mobile devices to look for local businesses they need. So if you can’t be found, you are losing out on a ton of customers.
2. Create content- Once you have a website, aggressively start adding content to it. The content you create should be related to your business and the services you offer. Make it valuable for your website visitors. Answer their questions and at the end of each blog post, add a call to action where you tell them to contact you. Filling your website with content also boosts your rankings on search engines, like Google. Don’t just limit your content to your blog though. There are several other platforms where you can share and create existing content for free, like YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
3. Email marketing– Driving visitors to a new website is difficult, so why not capture their email once they visit your website? This way you can stay in touch with your visitors, instead of losing them forever. There are many tools and autoresponder email platforms, like Clearbit and OptinMonster, that lets businesses connect with their email list subscribers for a small fee every month. But how do you grow your list? Well, the easiest way to do so is by offering your visitors a free ebook or other small gifts in exchange for their emails.
4. Go social- Social Media is where everyone hangs out now after work (sometimes even during!). Every business should have an account on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It’s free and you can use these platforms to start conversations with your future customers and enrich their connection with your brand by providing them with valuable, memorable, and entertaining posts.
5. Network- Connect with other business owners like you. Cross-promote each other. If they have a blog, write up a blog post for their website. That way their readers will know about you too and may check out your website. Networking and collaborating is a great way for similar businesses to grow and thrive together.
You don’t need a five-figure marketing budget to get new customers. With the tips above, you should start getting some traction soon.