Instagram isn’t just a social media platform. It’s also a marketing tool that you can use to expand your business reach. Businesses around the world are now using Instagram to market their products or services to their audience. According to recent reports, over 25 million companies currently use Instagram to sell their products and services. Similarly, over 200 million Instagram users visit at least one business page profile every day. You see, that’s why it’s essential to learn how to run a retail business on Instagram.
If you are strategic about setting up your Instagram account, it would be a great platform to run your retail business.
Here are tips on how to run a retail business on Instagram:
How To Run a Retail Business on Instagram
#1. Setup and Optimize Your Instagram Business Account
If you want to run a retail business on Instagram, start by setting up and optimizing your business account.
You can’t use your personal Instagram account to run a retail business. Some of your online audience may be skeptical about it. But if you use a well-branded Instagram business account, it would be easier to convince people to buy from you.
Business Instagram has advanced features that you can’t get from personal Instagram accounts.
If you already have a large following in your personal Instagram account, you can decide to convert it to a business account.
But most times, it’s advisable to have a separate business account for your brand. That’s how to run a retail business on Instagram smoothly.
Again, try to make your Instagram business account to be as formal as possible. Remember, your focus should be on your customers, not the other way round.
For instance, your audience won’t take your retail brand seriously on Instagram if you always post selfies and snapshots of your trip to Paris or Costa Rica.
When setting up your business Instagram account, take note of the following tips;
- Include your website link on your Instagram business account bio. It will help to boost more traffic to your website.
- Stay recognizable on the platform. It’s essential to use your business name to open your Instagram business account. That way, it will be easier for people to recognize your brand on the platform easily.
- Try to make your bio informative and catchy. It will help you to attract more niche-related followers.
#2. Create a Winning Instagram Strategy
Creating a winning strategy is one of the tips on how to run a retail business on Instagram. Most of your competitors are also using Instagram to drive sales for their business.
If you want to be outstanding on the platform, you must be strategic in your approach. In other words, you should do things differently and creatively.
The first thing you should do is to define your target audience. You don’t just post content on Instagram. That won’t get you the desire results.
Before you post anything, try to define your audience. Understand their pain points and what keeps them awake at night. Then, think of how your business can help solve their problems.
With this approach, you won’t just be posting content for posting sake. But every content you post will be meaningful, insightful, and possibly solve your audience’s problem.
And if you continue in this trend, you will become an influencer in your niche in no time. And this will help you position your product in a way that will attract buyers throughout the platform.
When you are trying to create a winning strategy for your Instagram account, here are some tips to follow:
- Analyze your audience to know those who are already buying from you.
- Check your analysis across other social media platforms to know the demography of people already following you there.
- Research your competitors and see what they are doing differently.
Once you follow the above tips, you will know the kind of content your audience wants to see. It will also help you understand how your audience is interacting with your competitors.
#3. Create High Quality and Popular Instagram Posts That will Attract Users
Visual content is more engaging than words. If you are creative about using visual content, you can easily engage your audience on Instagram and possibly get them to buy from you.
However, most online audiences are sensitive. And if you aren’t creating your posts according to Instagram culture, you may not get your audience’s attention online.
So, if you are still trying to figure out how to run a retail business on Instagram, here are things to keep in mind when creating your posts for your business page:
- Try not to sell to appeal to Instagram’s social culture. Try to make your social media posts as unique as possible. It shouldn’t be about sales alone; try to build a brand on the platform. Trust me, how well you organize your brand online can go a long way to influence sales.
- Use creative and professional photos to promote your products. You can’t underestimate the importance of professional images when selling on Instagram. An online shopping survey revealed that 67% of customers that buy online consider the detailedness of images before buying any product.
- Learn to use Instagram’s editing tools to make your pictures outstanding.
#4. Reach a Larger Instagram Following
Like I mentioned earlier, Instagram is very competitive these days. Even if you post awesome images on your page, people won’t see what you are selling if you aren’t doing the right thing.
So, one of the tips on how to run a retail business on Instagram is to reach a larger following. But how do you achieve this?
There are several techniques you can use to expose your business to more people on Instagram. Some of these techniques are; the use of hashtags, and sharing your followers’ tag photos on your profile.
#5. Boost Engagement To Strengthen Your Relationship With Your Audience
Engaging your audience is the easiest way to convert your followers into loyal and paying customers. It doesn’t matter how many product images you post on your page daily. If you aren’t engaging your audience, you won’t get the desired results.
Here are strategies to boost your Instagram engagements:
- Try to write creative and inviting captions.
- If you have the means, organize contests on your Instagram page.
- Try to respond to notifications and shoutout to followers.
These are little strategies that could instantly boost your engagement and help you create good relationships with your audience on Instagram.
If you don’t know how to run a retail business on Instagram, you will find the tips shared in this article helpful.