Successful entrepreneurs aren’t superhumans or demigods. They are ordinary people who are relentless in the pursuit of their entrepreneurial goals. Additionally, they are determined and never give up despite the challenges in business. In this article, I will share with you some of the ways entrepreneurs can be more relentless.
Being a successful entrepreneur means continuously striving to become the best version of yourself both in life and business. But you can’t become the best version of yourself if you don’t have a relentless mindset.
Let me give you an instance. When J.K Rowling wrote her legendary book – Harry Potter, 12 different publishing houses rejected it.
Reread the previous paragraph – J.K Rowling got rejected by 1, 2, 3….12 publishing houses.
But she never gave up. Why? That’s because she believed in her dream and never allowed a few setbacks to discourage her.
However, his relentlessness paid off. The 13th publisher, Bloomsbury, accepted it. And that became a turning point in her life.
You see, if you want to become a successful entrepreneur, it’s important to develop a relentless mindset. It’s not an easy road, but for those who are determined and never give up, there’s always a light at the end of the tunnel.
So, here are 5 ways entrepreneurs can be more relentless and achieve their goals.
Ways Entrepreneurs Can Be More Relentless and Achieve Their Goals
#1. Invest Time and Resources Into Self-Awareness
One of the ways entrepreneurs can be more relentless is to invest in self-awareness. Self-awareness is an important variable in the success equation. It helps you to understand yourself. What makes you tick, when to push, and rest.
People who invest their time and resources into self-awareness don’t listen to their limiting beliefs. That’s because they know those beliefs are the manifestation of the fear in them. And if you can recognize this, you will always keep pushing even when all the odds seem against you.
Again, if you don’t have strong self-awareness, you won’t know how to achieve your entrepreneurial goals.
So, strive to learn more about yourself and appreciate your individuality. If possible, read books on self-awareness, watch videos, listen to podcasts, hire coaches, and talk to mental health professionals.
Here are some additional tips to become self-aware;
- Write down your plans and priorities.
- Ask for feedback from your trusted friends, peers, families, and mentors.
- Try to get formal feedback from your superiors, subordinates, and colleagues at work.
- Don’t ignore the little things that bother you about other people.
- Frequently meditate.
- Try to know your emotional kryptonite.
- Plan a trip once in a while. Sometimes, new environments force you out of your routine and you learn new things about yourself.
- Take some time to clarify your values.
#2. Make Consistency Your First and Only Resort
Making consistency your only option is also amongst the ways entrepreneurs can be more relentless.
Becoming a successful entrepreneur isn’t a one-night stand. It comes with a series of challenges. But it takes consistency to conquer these challenges.
Some of the most successful entrepreneurs in the world had their share of failures. They had some of the most challenging yet interesting journeys. However, they never gave up.
For instance, every aspiring entrepreneur today wants to be like Elon Musk. But do you know that he had a very rough path to success?
Before you give up on your dreams as an entrepreneur, check out Elon Musk’s resume of failures below;
Elon Musk Resume of Failures
- In 1995, Elon Musk applied for a job at Netscape but was unsuccessful.
- In 1996, he got kicked out as the CEO of his own company Zip2.
- Elon Musk’s first PayPal product was voted as one of the ten worst business ideas in 1999.
- Again in 1999, he crashed his newly acquired McLaren F1 that was worth $1 million.
- In 2000, Elon Musk got kicked out of his seminal role at Paypal while on honeymoon.
- Also in 2000, he had a near-death experience with cerebral malaria. And his response was, “Vacation will kill you.”
- Russian refused to sell him rockets to send mice and plants to Mars.
- In 2002, Russian turned him down again.
- He launched the first-ever rocket and the first explosion as well in 2006.
- In 2007, he launched the second rocket and second explosion.
- In 2008, Elon Musk launched the third rocket and third critical failure – of course, with a Nasa satellite on board.
The list of Elon Musk’s failures is very long. But due to his consistency and relentlessness, he mastered the art of failing successfully. And today, he’s one of the richest men in the world.
#3. Always Put Yourself First
You can’t create a relentless mindset if you aren’t taking care of yourself. That’s why putting yourself first is one of the ways entrepreneurs can be more relentless.
It’s not about listening to podcasts, watching videos, or reading books about self-care. You should implement what you learn about self-care; that’s the only way you can develop a relentless mindset.
Regardless of how busy you get, always prioritize your self-care above every other thing. Trust me, if you aren’t healthy and mentally well, relentlessness will be the last thing on your list.
#4. Level Up Every Opportunity You Get
One of the ways entrepreneurs can be more relentless is to level up in every area of their lives.
Leveling up every area of your life goes beyond what you post on social media. It starts with setting boundaries and ensuring that nobody crosses them.
Additionally, you need to associate more with successful entrepreneurs who are passionate about growth. Again, learn to work hard in silence and allow the results of your efforts to do the talking.
Relentless entrepreneurs don’t settle for less and never entertain mediocrity. Even when the result of their efforts starts manifesting, they don’t relent. That’s because success is not an end destination.